Monday, May 30, 2011

Week 38: May 30, 2011

Hello everybody,

My weekend wasn't so eventful as all of yours but during the week there were some pretty cool things happen. We had a Zone training in Somerset west, and amazingly there were a couple of Elders that I know from back home, Elder Cooney and Elder Rogers. It was really cool to see them and chat with them and also receive some very inspired instruction from President Probst, which was probably his last Zone Training until President Wood comes in next transfer.

Also on Saturday I actually got to spend some more time with Elder Cooney, we had to have the Assistants come down here to Fish Hoek in order to do an interview, so he came down and we were planning to do some proselyting. As it turns out while his companion was doing the interview for one of our investigators we went and put on their spare tire because they had a flat. It was really cool spending time with him and talking a little about mission and a little about home, we had a lot of fun for that short period of time.

Yesterday we had two people be confirmed, and next week we will be having two more baptism's so basically we are just doing work. The work just continues to roll on and it's really exciting, I'm having a lot of fun and just learning lots.

It's getting a little bit more chilly, and what makes things worse is all the homes here don't have a central heating system in their homes so everyone just huddles around a small heater to try and stay warm. I guess that's why they say Cape Town is so cold during the winter, I guess I'll find out about that in the coming months.

Wow Ariel & Brian I can't believe you are just 5 weeks away from the due date that is incredible! That time will fly by exceedingly fast.

Love you all,
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment