Momma you guessed correctly, I have been transferred out of Fish Hoek to Mthatha. If you look on a map Mthatha is very very far away from Cape Town, the Mthatha branch is 3 hours away from the stake center and the airport that I flew into. So all in all it was a really long day of traveling for me on Wednesday. I woke up at 6 and drove to the mission home, from there took the mission bus to the airport and flew to East London, from there drove for about 3 1/2 hours to Mthatha. It is very rural out here, lots of cows and other livestock just roaming free.
The picture I attached depicts Elder Scicluna, my new companion, and I in front of the Mthatha meeting house. Elder Scicluna is from Australia and is a super great guy, he and I will get along very well and so far we have been working hard as well. There is a university in our area where we do most of our work, the people that go there are usually very smart and receptive to the gospel so it will be another pretty fruitful area I am hoping. As a companionship we are thinking of buying a couple piglets to feast on, yeah it's that remote our here. It's more common to butcher your own meat than to purchase from a grocer. The Boarding is very nice as well, it's actually our own house. There are four Elders in Mthatha and the only area in the mission with a four-man boarding, yes just like The Best Two Years, except we are in a house with a nice front and back lawn.
I was happy to hear from all of you and get a little sense of how you are doing and coping with all of the changes that are taking place in everyone's lives. It is so weird how college football has already started, what the heck one year ago Dad and I went to see the vandals play some Dakota team, geez that happened quick. No matter how the games go I still want an update of games that took place. Dad that is really cool that Nik Landdeck is a vandal, he was ferocious and in the near future could see some playing time.
Everyone I hope you all enjoy your upcoming week and thrive in all that you do, "Today is here and tomorrow will come. We will look back on today no matter what, might as well make the best of it" -Chase B Nielsen
Love,
Elder Nielsen

No comments:
Post a Comment