Monday, August 29, 2011

Week 51: August 29, 2011

Transfer Week

Another six weeks has flown by and again it is time for transfers. I have no idea what is going to happen to me, it would be nice to see all of these great people get baptized but who knows what's going to happen. We will find out transfer news either tonight or tomorrow morning.

We had a pretty successful week, it was one of those weeks filled with teaching appointments all day every day. We were busy every day from 10 a.m to 9pm, talk about being exhausted at the end of the day. It has been cool to see all of our investigators who are planned for the 25th of September to keep commitments and progress towards their baptism date. Each new investigator we pick up we try and get them to understand our purpose and help them learn a little bit about our message, many times that can be tiring as well because you are exerting a different type of energy in missionary work. It's not necessarily physical labor as much as it is spiritual labor, you have to be in tune all the time with the spirit and that takes a completely different type of energy. That is one thing I am trying to master, and it takes a lot of practice. The better your spiritual work ethic is the more effective you will be as a missionary, some people can push their bodies to the limit with physical labor but it entirely different with more spiritual work. That is something I have been thinking and studying a little about this past week, I hope it makes some sense to you all.

Mom and Dad congratulations on the good news, I bet you are diligently looking at all the different houses in that area huh mom? Dad what does Pitney Bowes do again? I am glad that you are both happy with your soon to be move to Peachtree city, and anywhere you are is home so it doesn't really bother me at all. It's a good thing you have a relocation package as well, that will probably make things much easier for you. Keep me updated with all that is going on and with the house that you decide to buy.

Archibald's thank you for your letter this week! Addison sounds like you really enjoy the Violin, playing instruments and reading music will help you with your school work as well especially in math! Blake congrats on your tackle in your scrimmage, free safety was my favorite position to play in football because nobody can block you and you get lots of running room to make big hits :) And Brynli have a great time in pre-school and make lots of new friends!

Ariel thank you for those pictures, Ava really is a cute little girl and it seems like she has grown a bit as well. I really look forward to meeting her and letting her know who her favorite uncle is ha! I think those schools are all good, If any more come to mind I will let you know

Mom I have not yet received the package but I suspect that I will get it today, for P-day I think we are going to just hang around and probably eat lunch with the district.

Love you all,
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment