HellO!
The week was actually quite hectic, the day before helping hands we had zone training in Somerset West so the we were all over the place this week. Although we had a lot of times where we were out of the area we still rocked it up in the area and made some really good progress with some investigators and we are continually finding new people to teach, mostly Father led Families too. The people we meet with usually have a really strong desire to learn more and have a good faith in Jesus Christ. I found a lot of Joy introducing the Book of Mormon with some investigators this week as well, usually people are really shocked to learn that there is an additional book of scripture from a different part of the world. The investigators that I have seen throughout my mission who actually read from it find out the truth of our message and then they have the opportunity to pray about it and ask God specifically, and through the holy ghost they receive the answer that it is true. As preach my gospel teaches "nobody can learn spiritual truths without prayer" and if I might add, before the prayer must be some action taken such as reading or a certain experience.
I have also loved cross studying the words of the savior to his followers in Jerusalem in the Bible and his words to the Nephites in the Book of Mormon after his resurrection and ascension. It is interesting how the two compound on one another and both testify of the things that he taught, I sometimes wish I had a split quad so that I don't have to flip back and forth. I guess that is the upside to having the stick of Judah In one hand and the stick of Ephraim in the other (Ezk 37). It's cool to fulfill some ancient prophesies haha
Well today we were planning on going up table mountain which would be my second time but I think the weather has changed our minds about the idea, maybe next week. It would be cool to go up again and have a camera to take some pictures of the view and preserve some memories. Because of the weather though we will probably just play soccer again, you all know how much I love soccer :) hah oh well it's a bit of needed exercise.
I continue to pray that all of you will have a good week and enjoy the rest of your summer. I look forward to hearing from you next week.
Love,
Elder Nielsen
Oh Ariel what schools do you plan on sending an application for?

No comments:
Post a Comment