Monday, August 15, 2011

Week 49: August 15, 2011

Still doing great
This picture is quite typical in the Township, these Momma's are about to cook up some pork! Mm Yum

Yesterday I finally baked that birthday cake you sent me Mother, today I will share it with the district and it looks Delicious! Today for P-day we plan on playing some soccer again so maybe I can get some good exercise.

It was a good week, we really made good progress with some key investigators. We have scheduled two males in their thirties, one of which will complete a family and the other will be baptized with his wife on the 25th of Sept. I think I mentioned that last week or something to that effect so I will just share the experience we had with both of them.

We have been teaching a man named Steven Jacobs for the past couple of months or so, he is a guy who really commits to something when he feels the reasons are correct and he won't back out of a decision once he has made it. That kind of commitment in an investigator is great and missionaries love it, the only challenge with that is we really have to be on top of our game to get him to commit and live the principles we are teaching him. Yesterday we taught him and his wife the Word of Wisdom, which is the Lord's law of health giving guidance for all members of his church and investigators to stay away from certain harmful substances. Brother Steven has never had a problem with cigarettes, Drug abuse, or Alcohol, but he does enjoy his coffee or tea in the mornings. We taught him the principles or the Word of Wisdom and especially how our bodies are temples of God and that we should not be Dependent upon substances and let them govern our lives. He understood the things we taught him but we could tell that he was going to have a hard time giving up his coffee in the morning, we then expressed how much love heavenly father has for him and how through his help he would be able to give up coffee and tea. With some tears forming in his eyes he accepted the commitment to follow the Word of Wisdom. With almost every principle that we teach brother Stephen there is some apprehension but we always know that when he commits, he commits for real. As a missionary there are countless experience when I have noticed the hand of the Lord helping investigators submit their will to his, It is great to see positive changes in peoples lives and seeing them progress towards their eternal potential. I love being an instrument of the Lord as a missionary, it's the best.
Mom I think you are a little bit excited about the possibility of moving to Georgia, I'm sure I will hear from you next week and get a full update of all the things you have been up to. I know you don't necessarily look forward to another move but I guess you have got to go where the green is. Were you able to find my ACT scores for applications?

Dad congratulations on being the final candidate for the Pitney Bowes job, sounds like there is quite a good chance of employment for you there and that is really exciting. I had a good laugh last week as you would love to hit golf balls on your Lunch Break Ha, didn't you even do that in Seattle anyways?

To everyone else good luck with all you do this week I always keep you in my prayers morning and night.

Love,
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment