Great week
The first picture I have attached is at one of our members homes in Masiphumelele, they just live in a tiny tin shack, they are just really happy humble people. The second picture I took with a guy also in the township who had a Seattle T-shirt on, so I just had to take a picture with him.
I say it was a good week because we are continuing to fill up our teaching pool with Father-led families and people who are really seeking for the gospel. One of them is named Fazo, he also lives in a shack with his wife and young daughter, we met him street contacting and had a great first lesson with him and his wife. After teaching them a little bit about the Gospel of Jesus Christ we committed them to be baptized and they both said yes. Although they did not come to church this sunday we are optimistic with them and their potential, we shall see what comes of the appointment we have scheduled with them this week. With most people in the township most people will actually let us teach them in their homes, but they all don't necessarily have a very high commitment level. To make a longer story a little shorter, missionaries here really need the gift of discernment to decide who really will progress towards baptism and focus on them rather than spending time with someone who won't. You really get to learn how to prioritize every single little thing throughout your day, I think it is a really cool eternal principle.
Mom that house In Ga is pretty cool, and thank you so very much for sending out another package and mulah! :) I really don't miss any particular sweets or foods all that much, I am just enjoying the South African cuisine. Almost everyday this week I had rice with veggies and a boiled chicken Breast (boneless or course), it is kind of annoying how hard it is to find boneless meat here. The only store that I have found any at is called Pick 'n' Pay which is usually the store we shop at now. Colin congratulations on graduating from that course, you look really excited in that picture you posted, thank you for your continuing updates.
Adam and Emily thank you for the letter this week, Adam looks like you had a fun fishing trip! and Isaac is growing soo fast, wow. Addison what is the difference between playing the violin and fiddling? Hope you all have a wonderful week and enjoy the heat while it is still there
Love,
Elder Nielsen
Elder Nielsen


No comments:
Post a Comment