Thanksgiving + Transfers
Thank you all for your letters, it's good to hear from everyone. I am jealous that you all are going to enjoy Thanksgiving and the feast that comes from it.
This week we worked a lot with the members in our area and found some pretty good success, the work always goes smoother when you use the members. We possibly have some baptism's coming up at the tail end of December, but that is a fair distance away in terms of the preparation of the investigators. It would be awesome however to have someone baptized on Christmas Eve and then confirmed on Christmas day! That would be a memory that nobody could forget. Around this time of year here people are out of school and on Christmas break, as of right now most of the schools have finished for the year and those schools who haven't finished yet are soon the close in the next week or so. The holiday season is basically the same here than there which is quite interesting.
Yeah last week was quite disappointing, basically all of my proselyting materials were stolen, which is quite humorous because there is no profit that a thief can have from scriptures, pamphlets and church produced DVD's unless of course He decides to read them and turn a new leaf. I have ordered a new pair of scriptures through the mission office but I will not be taking those out into the area at all, I now have an economical bible that I will use to proselyte with, and if somehow that one gets stolen it wont be too much of a loss. I will probably not be sending any more pictures until I can save up to get a cheapo camera again, because I definitely want pictures to remember my mission from.
We did some service out in the village this week where we built a wall out of homemade bricks and some makeshift mortar, it was a really cool experience. The Family we did it for was so incredibly grateful for our efforts and fed us a nice lunch. We always like to do service because it definitely helps out in the missionary efforts, directly after service you will see referrals coming out of the wood work and people to teach like crazy. Also it fills in the morning hours, which are usually awkward times to proselyte during.
Transfers are this week, nobody is leaving the mission this transfer and nobody is coming in. I personally hope that nothing is going to change, I would love to have Elder Scicluna as a companion for another transfer. We really work well together and have a lot of fun at the same time. Also the other guys in the district too, I hope nothing changes with them, we just have an awesome time together and we all work hard. Whatever happens is what happens though, I won't be sad if anything happens, change is good. Whoever you serve with and wherever you serve doesn't really matter, it's just a privilege to be able to do this king of work that really matters the most.
Brian, Ariel, and Ava I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving in Georgia, I am sure it will be fun to visit all of those cool places around the Atlanta area again. And for you Brian and Ava for the first time it is going to be a blast. Hey Callaway gardens although we only went there once was Awesome! those Christmas decorations were incredible, that will be a really cool experience.
Mom and Dad, good luck with work and the house search! and also have a great Thanksgiving weekend, I know that you will all have an amazing time!
Colin, I will keep you in my prayers as you are seeking for a sweet job. Have a ginormous feast this week!
Love you all so much,
Elder Chase B Nielsen
No comments:
Post a Comment