Monday, March 7, 2011

Week 26: March 7, 2011

Well its a new month and this week I will turn six months out on mission exciting huh? Time happens thats for sure.

And yes today as a district we will be going up to table mountain! I have been looking forward to doing it for a long time and I apologize but this email will be short for that reason.

Shout out to uncle Kirk and uncle Kirt for birthdays in March hope you two have a good one. Also congrats to Becky and Lance for bringing in another little one to their family.

Yesterday we had a couple investigators show up at church, which in Bellville is pretty impressive. Missionaries usually have trouble doing so, of course we were pretty excited about that. We will see if these two progress closer towards baptism. There really is no better feeling in missionary work when you are doing everything you are supposed to and then you see an investigator finally get what you are teaching them, their eyes open up and they understand. This week we have had a lot of fun introducing the book of mormon to people and I think we have gotten pretty good at it. To me it makes perfect sense that the book of mormon was recorded just like the bible for us to have to know that Jesus is the Christ, and to know his will for us. what frustrates me is when some of these people say "I have a bible, i need no more bible" one time I actually opened up 2 Nephi where the lord says people will say such things. I don't know why people are so scared of The Book of Mormon, if they were to look at the cover they would read that its another testament of Jesus Christ, what is there to lose in reading another testament of Jesus Christ.

I know that the Book of Mormon is true, that is was translated by the gift and power of God perfectly through a young prophet Joseph Smith. I know this because I have read the Book, pondered in my heart the doctrine it contains and then asked our Heavenly Father if it was true. The answer I recieved was yes it is true, and I know God would't give me another answer than he gave Tom down the street. In teaching people we want them to understand that they need to read the Book of Mormon to know if the kingdom of God is once again upon the earth. Yes the Gospel was lost, the fullness of the gospel that is, fulfilling Amos 8:11-12 therefore the Gospel needed to be restored. The Book of Mormon is proof that Joseph Smith was a prophet, it is his fruit and it is good. Matthew 7 says that we must beware of false prophets but by their fruits we shall know them. If we don't taste the fruit of Josheph Smith we will never know if he was called of God.

Hopefully everyone has a great week,
Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment