Hello again,
From tuesday to friday Elder Naylor was sick with a fever, so on those day we were just in the boarding trying to get him feeling better. That gave me a bunch of time to do some studying. Good thing he was alright to go to the general conference re-broadcast even if he wasn't I was going to drag him to it. Right now I feel like I am just spiritually exhausted, it's a good feeling!
I really enjoyed Conference and took a bunch of notes on all of the speakers, In my own testimony I can see tremendous growth. David O Mckay said that the most important thing to imporove upon always is our testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and I think anybody will back that up.
Last Month I finished reading through the old testament and Im now reading in 1 Corinthians and during conference I was proud in myself for recognizing all the scriptures the speakers used and remembering the stories behind the scripture and between the lines.
Because my companion was sick and sleeping most of the time, we weren't able to do much work, so I found myself a lot of the time in deep thought and meditation over my purpose here in life and here on my mission. I came away with a very pure understanding of the importance of serving a mission, even one that I cannot describe well in words. I guess I can say that I am truly impressed with Paul who was so heavily persecuted and even stoned, and he still went out and preached the word. Why? because he had a sure testimony built upon a rock and he wasn't going to let anything detract him from doing the work the lord wanted him to do, I hope I can somehow have such tenacity for missionary work sometimes it's easy to say "ahh lets turn in for the day". Im trying and making progress on that and I will keep you guys updated on that.
To Colin, Mom, Ariel and Dad thank you for your letters to me it's always nice to have something to read and get a glimpse of your weeks. Ariel you are looking a little bit bigger nice! hey dad does CSI have a lacrosse team or club? just curious. Mom I think you might have timed that easter package pretty well, maybe I will receive it this friday we will see.
cheers,
Elder Nielsen
No comments:
Post a Comment