Yes this Wednesday is transfers, I honestly have no idea what might happen.
I think my companion will go district leader either in this district or in another one elsewhere in the mission. It wouldn't be too bad if I were to stay here in Bellville because I kind of like this place and all the great members and the investigators we have been working with. One more transfer here would make 6 months for me, not too many missionaries get to say they were in one area for that long.
Yesterday we baptized two of our golden investigators, it was really great to see them make that initial covenant with the lord and im sure they will go on to make even more covenants with him in the future. Among other things this week was pretty cool, we ran into some aggressive JW's which was fun because they backed down once they figured out we knew our stuff pretty well. I think they learned that you cannot mess with the truth especially when you are talking to two guys who have been studying and living it their whole lives and especially in the last little while. We were able to bear testimony of the restoration, the plan of salvation, and the simplicities of the gospel of Jesus Christ and we could feel the Holy Ghost bear witness to ourselves and in them as they had no more objections and agreed for us to come back and teach them. That gave us a lot of confidence and a reassurance that all the study we have been doing actually pays off in ways that cannot be expressed in words.
I ran into a scale this week and weighed 85 KG's which is about 187 lbs, and when I left on mission I was only 75 KG's which is just 165 Lbs. Surprisingly most of the weight I have gained is muscle mostly in my legs, at nights I push the car in neutral while Elder Naylor steers. So along with the spiritual muscle and braun I have gained through scripture study, I have also gained physical strength. I am feeling like a beast in every sense of the word ha. I think I will start running soon longer distances and not push the car too much.
Its good to hear that Ariel and Brian have now graduated, and that uncle Kirt was able to see Kailey and Samantha. Also good to hear from you brother Hamilton, always nice to get caught up to speed with Phil and Jordan and their prep for mission.
Take care everyone,
Elder Nielsen
No comments:
Post a Comment