Molweni - Hello Everybody
Lots of good things happened this week, especially with finding new investigators and working with the members. I am really loving Mthatha a whole lot, and I am learning a bit of Xhosa, a language with three different types of clicks.
I have been eating baked potatoes and peanut butter jelly sandwiches a lot recently, those are my staples. Oh and in the mornings I have been eating oats, and I am feeling pretty healthy. Elder Simpson and I don't really cook as a companionship together as much as Elder Scicluna and I did but on occasion we will. I like to ask him about the marine corp and what kind of stuff he did there, and we also talk about guns a whole lot. The one South African in our district thinks we are both crazy and thinks it's insane that we both have guns. Apparently here it is almost impossible for someone to own a gun, which makes me feel safer. You can only have one if you have like 5 different types of licenses and have a reason such as hunting to own one.
We had quite a bit of success this week with our finding efforts, we met a lot of good potential investigators and even had some people invite us in immediately. So we were able to keep really busy and be successful with everything we did. We unfortunately had to extend some of our baptismal dates back, but they are still hanging in there. We will see what comes from them.
Tonight we are all driving down to East london to have Zone Conference, we all can't wait. There will be a couple of my past companions that I will be able to catch up with and see, and of course Zonce Conferences are always spiritually uplifting. We are also having a gift exchange, like a white elephant or something, so that will be fun.
Mom I think I will be able to get something like that for you, Mthatha might be a difficult place to find something like that but I will keep my eyes open. There are a lot of cool little South African trinkets, or curios as they are called here. That house really does have a southern look to it, I like it. Mthatha reminds me about Georgia a lot, because of the warm summers day and a heavy thunderstorm at night, I love that a lot, and sitting on those porches watching a thunderstorm would be flipping sweet. Could you send me Elder Hamilton's and Elder Tanner's mission addresses?
Looks like you all had a good Thanksgiving, and wow that aquarium looks really cool!
Love you all lots, have a great week
Elder Nielsen
No comments:
Post a Comment