Monday, December 12, 2011

Week 66: December 12, 2011

A White Christmas

No I am not talking about snow, talking about a harvest! because the field is white already to harvest :)

Yeah this week we found a golden investigator, and it was a really cool experience. We taught about the Restoration and it was very well understood, that makes a missionary smile. When all the principles of the Restoration are taught, and taught well, the spirit of the Lord is able to testify to the hearts and souls of our investigators that God lives, Jesus is the Christ, and that our unique message about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon is True. We were able to feel all of these things in our lesson with a woman named Nokwanda, who is a principle of the local school, and her son. After a short little while of finding, we finally found someone who really seems prepared and ready to receive our message, we were super excited.

I have gotten used to the idea that Christmas here is in the summer, and the only white I'll be seeing is the prepared investigators that we have to teach. I am totally fine with that, there is no other place that I would rather be than right here in this small town named Mthatha. It is totally an African place, so culturally strong and unique. I hope that I will be sticking around this place for a bit longer still.

Zone Conference this past week was fabulous, it was a Christmas themed message, and it was very inspiring to us all. We were fortunate enough to watch a movie called "17 Miracles" it's about the Willy Martin handcart company, and the story is told from the journal entries of Levi Savage, a returned missionary who traveled with that company. It was an awesome movie, and it taught me how much more I can sacrifice in my life and service as a missionary. If you haven't already seen it, it would be a good one to see.

Thank you all for your letters, they are much appreciated!

Dad, take luck with your presentations this week, I am praying for you!

Everyone have a lekker week, Love,

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment