Another good week
Hello everybody, this was a pretty fantastic week. We have really been doing well lately, with some baptismal dates coming up in February, and some great progressing investigators. Really excited about that and loving every minute of being out here.
Some of the best parts of the week was really finding new people to teach, on saturday night we were on a role. It seemed like everyone we spoke to was interesting in what we were saying and willing to let us share with them and come back another day. It was probably one of the best days I have ever had on mission, afterwards it felt great to be able to share with so many people in a pretty decent area.
Overall we have been keeping very busy and pushing the work along, each week we are making goals that will really stretch our abilities, hopefully as we continue to do so we will be able to reach new heights. Elder Vernon and I have been getting along really well, so far he has been one of my most favorite companions, we would be good friends back home as well.
We had Zone Training and interviews this past week, and we were fortunate enough to hear a presentation from Elder Hartman (Dr. Taylor Hartman) who wrote the book "The Color Code" which is now known as "The People Code". Dad you may have heard about it before, but what it is all about is that all human beings have different personalities but each of us are motivated by different things which determines our color. Me for example, I am motivated by power so my color is red, my secondary is yellow which means I am also motivated by fun. In total there are 4 colors any human being can be classified under. It was probably one of the coolest presentations I had ever seen, overall I think it helped all of us understand that everyone is the same and we all have our strengths and weeknessed that we need to overcome, and knowing peoples strengths and weeknesses helps us get along with each other better. I was able to get a photo with Elder Hartman which is attached.
Colin that dutch over lid lifted looks pretty ingenious, nicely done! Also Whitney way to hold down the plasma business, that is pretty cool they sent you down to clean up some problems.
Addison thank you for your e-mail, keep up the good work with school and practising your talent with music!
Grandma and Grandpa thank you so much for the christmas card! hope all is well with you two!
Mom and Dad, love you so much, good luck with the house hunt and work! oh and also figuring out which golf cart you would like haha! About a vehicle, I honestly haven't thought too much about it. It is going to be a surprise enough to come home to a new house and all.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week! love you,
Elder Nielsen

No comments:
Post a Comment