Goode Dag
Good day in Afrikaans
If any of you are wondering what is the general mode of transportation here in South Africa I would be tempted to tell you horse and buggy, and in some cases that is quite common, but not in this area and that is why I took a photo of it haha. The second photo is of Elder Vernon and I on top of on of the flat complexes that we have been tracting lately. The third photo is what happens when you have a Samoan Elder in your district, no we did not proselyte in those things, but they are actually quite comfy.
We had another successful week, we had a drop off from last week in our sacrament attendance of two. So we had four investigators come which is still quite good. Other than that we might be losing a few baptism dates of ours for a little while, but we picked two up which is filling our bucket again. Someone once said in the MTC that missionary work is like trying to carry a bucket full of water with holes at the bottom, I guess I have found that a bit true. I really am enjoying this time out here, it has been such a cool experience.
Most of the people we are teaching are younger, probably from 20-35 years of age, a couple people actually are a bit older than that, but we are willing to teach anyone. That's what a lot of the time goes towards is finding people to teach, and if we aren't finding then we are probably teaching. Keeping busy that way is the most rewarding, and it is really cool to see an area's teaching pool be built up to be HUGE.
Love you all and I hope you all have a fantastic week,
Elder Nielsen



No comments:
Post a Comment