Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 76: February 20, 2012

Staying in PE

This past week was transfers, and Elder Vernon and I are staying together for another six weeks! I am excited about that because together we work hard and also have some fun together. On P-day last week we went to a lion park, where we got to see some full grown lions male and female and also we got to pet some baby lions. Pictures are attached.


Besides transfers we kept really busy, our days were full of appointments and some good finding activities. On Friday we met a natural bodybuilder who was very interested in The Restoration, and especially in the Book of Mormon. It was nice to meet someone so humble, yet he was massive! an absolutely huge individual. This week we hope to have a good follow up lesson with him, and we will see if he enjoyed his reading, and also see if he prayed about it. We have another Investigator who is quite a character, and he is very intelligent, when we taught him the Restoration and about the Book of Mormon we invited him to be baptized something like this "Bro. E. After you know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and therefore Joseph Smith to be the Lords prophet called in these last days to restore the Church of Jesus Christ will you prepare yourself to be baptized?". His answer was one that I will never forget, he said in a voice similar to one that I know well "Yes, yes of course" I couldn't help but have the biggest smile on my face when he said that! He truly is a remarkable man and really interested in what we are teaching him. 

Today for P-day I am thinking of going to hit some golf balls at a nearby driving range, it's quite a good deal because you can get a big ol bucket of balls, three clubs to use, for about 45 Rands. I don't know though it depends upon all the other guys who are in the district. P-day is fun and everything but honestly the best part of my weeks is the proselyting, I have really found to love it.

Oh how can I forget, there is a new missionary in the District, His name is Elder Martin and he is from Moscow, Idaho. Elder Bangerter who is 12 weeks from going home is his trainer. So the dynamics of the District have changed a bit but it's going to be a fun one I can tell. Having a greenie around is always good.

Colin and Whitney, I look forward to hearing if you are having a boy or girl! 

Mom and Dad keep up the good work, love you so much, and thank you so much for all your support.

Have a great week everybody,

Elder Nielsen




No comments:

Post a Comment