Sorry about that last week, I will make sure this one is sent off today.
First I will give an explanation of the pictures, the first one is last p-day when we went golfing at a low-budget golf course nearby, and the second is on Wednesday Elder Vernon and I found a teeter totter while tracting. To give you an idea of what we might be doing today for p-day, well we are going back to the golf course to play another nine holes of 'best ball' we had a blast last week so were going to do it again.
On Saturday we had three people interviewed for baptism and they all passed so they will be baptized on the 18th, the other missionaries also had a person interviewed for baptism that I conducted, so in total we will have four baptisms this next Sunday. We are very excited about that because we get to see a bit of evidence of our hard work. Elders Bangerter and Martin possibly will have some more people ready for baptism a little sooner than we will so we have got some catching up to do, but it's nothing more than we can handle. We have been doing a lot of finding and teaching of new and other people we have met, we are just trying to find those ones who are really serious about learning and acting upon our message and then really working hard with them. Since there are so many people that will at least talk with us (don't forget though we still get our fair share of rejections) we have to gauge their level of interest and then work with the ones with the most interest, it has taught us a lot about prioritizing and planning effectively.
Elder Vernon and I are still doing great, I know it's going to be a bummer when we are separated but for now we are living like there is no tomorrow, taking no hostages :) but we really are enjoying each other and recently we have been running in the morning. We have begun a program that he calls six months to sexy ha ha. Apparently I will be doing it until my time runs up.
We have got some really good news, this last week we asked the mission if we could get a washing machine in our boarding so we could save some money on laundry each week since we have been going to a Laundromat. Well the scripture is true ask and ye shall receive, this morning we did our first load of washing that was much less expensive than paying someone else to do it, our wish came true.
I am glad to hear that those who went down to Georgia had a good time, I am super excited that Colin and Whitney will be there by the time I get home, and that they will be staying in the new house! That would be perfect. I can't wait to find out where that new house will be.. hah
Oh I bought some pretty cool curios for you Mom and also Ariel when we had to pick up the other Elders from our district at the airport here, I thought of you two once I saw them. However, you will have to wait and see what they are.
Love you all so Much, Have a great week
Elder Nielsen


No comments:
Post a Comment