Hello again FAMILY!
While you all are enjoying the summer heat, In South Africa I am getting snowed on! I never thought I would see snow here.
While you all are enjoying the summer heat, In South Africa I am getting snowed on! I never thought I would see snow here.
It was a fantastic week, but very busy. On Wednesday we had a really good training session with all of the Zone, we presented to two groups while our mission President was taking Elders out individually for interviews. Every three months Zone Leaders provide training on effective teaching and missionary skills, including fundamentals of Preach My Gospel, to all of their Zone. We also received a piece of training from President Wood in between our sessions. it was good for us to refocus and remind ourselves of important principles. The next day we drove to Mthatha to go on exchanges there. It was awesome to be back in the old area and have the opportunity to see some of the people I worked with before. Some of the brothers we took fellow shipping a lot have put in their mission papers and will get their calls very soon, that was really good news to hear. I think there are a total of three who either have their calls, or are waiting for their call to arrive, and another one is still working on his papers.
Since we were very busy this week with the training and exchanges we have to do a little catch up in the area, we are going to have to re-connect with our investigators and get back on schedule as soon as possible. We will also have to do a fair bit of finding in order to keep our schedule busy, since I have a soon to be home companion we have got to sprint him through the finish line and then the same for me in a couple of months. No slouching hah. We do have some pretty solid investigators right now who have great potential to progress but only time will tell. Hopefully Next month we can have some more baptism's.
Thank you all for the letters you all sent!
Hey could you please send me a picture of this large lawn? I have only seen glimpses of it through the pictures of Dad and Ava on the new mower (oh and by the way Dad good call on the John Deere from Lowes, I love that place!) Also If I may request photos of the basement? that would be interesting to see as well. Thank you!
Have a Great week!
Elder Nielsen



No comments:
Post a Comment