Monday, July 23, 2012

Week 98: July 23, 2012

Hey everyone

This picture attached is a district lunch from this week, we had Pap and fish. Yum!


Wow I didn't expect to see my flight plans today that's pretty cool, it's getting closer and closer! Apparently since I came into the mission Elders from America fly from Cape Town to London and then from London to either Atlanta or Dallas and then they connect to get to their destination. It is much less expensive so that is why they do it. It looks like I will have a long wait in London, I think some of the other Elders in my transfer will want to go and see some of the sights there before flying to the states, we will see haha. That will be directly after the Olympics too. Unfortunately a lot of the Elders in my transfer will be going home on Aug 16 in order to go to school in the fall, so I won't be able to see them all before they go out. I am glad I decided to wait and go to school in January, it seems better that way.

Well we had another good week here in Queenstown, we were really happy with our most recent convert named Lubabalo Mahlinza, he is a stud. I was privileged enough to confirm him yesterday and he was so happy afterwards, the Spirit was so strong during the confirmation, it was an awesome experience. I love teaching him, he is like a sponge soaking up all of the things we teach him. Another cool thing happened this week, I think we found a pretty good investigator, he is a young guy about twenty one years old and he seemed really receptive to the gospel. I am hoping that we will be able to teach him a couple of times this week and get him to church this Sunday. This week will be Elder Musangu's last full week on mission, so planning on working him hard and then next week getting my last companion and finishing the mission with a bang by working hard and using all of these skills I Have obtained throughout my mission. For now I will focus on the work, I only get the opportunity to serve the Lord full time for two years of my life and I want to improve every minute of it. It is a dead sprint to the finish line for me.

Mowing the yard takes six hours dang that's a chore and a half! haha that's awesome though I bet I would love that for the first couple of times. If I remember correctly that Georgia grass turns brown for 8 or nine months of the year so that's not too big of a deal. I look forward to seeing those pictures next week.

Love you all, have an awesome week!

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment