Monday, July 2, 2012

Week 95: July 2, 2012

Congratulations Colin and Whitney, Welcome Oaklyn!

Wow you are parents now! that is awesome, Another June baby in the family haha, the best month to have a birthday! She's a cute little one :)

Mom I understand you had a lot of things going on this week and weren't able to write me but reading e-mails was too short without one from you! hah

The picture attached was taken before district meeting Friday morning with all of the elders that live in Queenstown, however only two Elders proselyte in town and the rest of us drive out to our areas.

On Tuesday evening, my companion and I drove 2 1/2 hours to East London and stayed with Elder Naylor (one of my old companions) and his companion Elder Giles. The reason we went down to East London was for a Zone council which usually happens every other transfer but this one was a skype with President Wood and other missionaries around the mission. It was cool to catch up with Elder Naylor and talk about the people we taught and baptized in Bellville over a year ago. That was probably the last time I will see him on mission because he goes home in 5 weeks. I am so glad to be on mission and create these wonderful memories.

There are a couple of investigators that we have who are really progressing. One is named Lubabalo, he is a young man who has been coming to church a lot. He is really receptive to the lessons and we are working hard to get him ready for baptism, he was first introduced to the church through his relatives who are members. Another Progressing investigator we have is named Nangamso, she is also very receptive to the truth and has enjoyed the lessons very much. She is a bit busier than Lubabalo with work so it is more difficult to have many appointments to teach her but when we schedule appointments with here she won't drop them. There are some other people that we are teaching who could really make some progress but many of them have not yet read the Book of Mormon and received an answer that it is true so we are working with all of them to get them going. I loved this week, we were able to keep busy and stay focused on the work. I fasted and prayed that such will be the case for the rest of my mission.

I look forward to the updates on the house, the new member to the family and how the fourth of July goes!

Love you all,

Elder Nielsen




No comments:

Post a Comment