Monday, August 20, 2012

Week 102: August 20, 2012

Molweni family

Mom, I am glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself as a seminary teacher. That is probably one of the most demanding callings but I can imagine that it is worth it. I knew you would do great! I will keep you in my prayers that you will continue to do well and help those students of yours gain their testimonies.

Dad, so what are we going to do with that basement? and thank you for the picture of the football ticket, looking forward to that!

Good luck to you Colin with getting a job down there in Georgia, I'll keep your family in my prayers that everything will work out!

The past couple of weeks I have had a sore throat and a bit of a cold, but it is going away and I am feeling better.

Well it has not hit me that I am at the end of my mission, I continue to work hard and give it my all. Something cool happened yesterday, my companion and I were going through some of the less-actives in the area and we found some great teaching opportunities out of some of them. My favorite was a young man named Dwayne, he is a very energetic person and was super happy to see us, his brother is the member we were originally looking for but he was not at home when we stopped by. Apparently Dwayne has been taught before by missionaries before but at that time he was not ready for some reasons, we felt like he was ready at this time so we shared something brief with him out of the Book of Mormon and we invited him to be baptized on the 16 of September which he accepted. We could have given him an earlier date but in this ward we are only supposed to baptize on the third Sunday of every month, so it makes it difficult for someone who wants to have a baptism on their last Sunday of mission hah. Not that it matters in the slightest.

This week Elder Romney and I will be driving to Mthatha to have exchanges with the district leader and his companion up there. It will be my last time going to Mthatha, I am excited and looking forward to seeing all of the people I know for one last time. Good Memories from that place.

I hope all continues to go well with everyone back home. I will keep you in my prayers!

Love you all,

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment