Hello Everybody
I had another great week here in Queenstown, we also had a good exchange with the Elders in Mthatha. It was great to see some of the members there for the last time. We had a lot of fun with the Elders who were there as well, two of them are from commonwealth countries like Australia and England so we had some good banter going on hah. We helped them out in their area a little bit as well and got some things happening for them there. It was awesome to serve one last day in Mthatha, I love that place.
My throat still is a bit sore in the morning but during the day I don't have any problems, so my cold is going away just fine. It's probably a good thing that I am sick now, because I don't want to be sick while going home. I don't know how my body will adapt to real American food again but it wasn't too bad coming here so I am not too worried.
Elder Romney and I are getting along really well and are having a lot of fun together. Tomorrow he and I will be training the whole Zone on some of the specific things that the mission as a whole need to improve on. So this morning in our companionship study we went over all of the things that we need to discuss and re-address. Tomorrow and Wednesday will be the two busiest days of the week and I can imagine they will go by quickly. Wednesday we have a Zone Conference that I will be conducting, our special guest will be Elder Carl B Cook of the Seventy and of course his wife and President and Sister Wood. For those who remember General Conference addresses from the recent past Elder Carl B Cook related an experience with the Prophet and learned "it is better to look Up". We are excited for the training he will provide us with, it is not too often we are able to be trained by a General Authority. Along with those activities for the week, it will yet get busier with some Baptism interviews Elder Romney and I will be conducting in Sada, which is about a 45 minute drive from our area. So things are continuing to move along here and we are being kept busy, which is what we like. For the rest of the time we will try to fit in as many teaching appointments as we can in our area to keep things alive there. We are looking to have 2-3 baptism's on 16 Sept, so I will be leaving Elder Romney and his new companion a little present hah.
Interesting fact, I learned just this week that Mitt Romney's running mate is named Ryan, well my companions name is Ryan Romney. Found that out to be quite a coincidence.
I am glad that things are doing well for everybody, I wish you all luck this coming week.
Love you all,
Elder Nielsen
No comments:
Post a Comment