Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 18: January 10, 2011

Hello family,

Whew just like the subject states this week was very interesting, first last Monday Night we get a call from President Probst and he tells Elder Kogo that he is going to be a Zone Leader. This usually does not happen in the middle of a transfer so we were really surprised at the sudden move. Returned missionaries know that this was a E.T. As a result of this move I got a new companion named Elder Ochanda who used to be the zone leader in the Cape South zone which is now where Elder Kogo is serving. Elder Ochanda is from Kenya just like Elder Kogo and he seems pretty cool. We have only been together for about a week so we are still getting to know each other.

Other than the sudden companion rearrangement things are starting to pick up in Belleville again, we received some referrals from members this week, one of them is a father led family of six which is encouraging. We have a really cool recent convert named Dimitri (23) who we see once or twice a week and it's awesome to see how the gospel has changed his life and his father has noticed the change in him so we are starting to teach him as well. In my personal studies I am still reading through the Old Testament and I have a study journal that where I write down all my insights down so In that way I have a daily journal.

Mom, I have received the calendar you sent me and I love it! The calendar can also be used as a type of daily journal and I'll try and do that. Still have not received the package but maybe the Zone Leaders will swing by the office and pick up this weeks post and it could be there, or not ha. I know that you will find that job you are looking for and if it doesn't come as soon as you hope, know that you can start your own business with your own time clock, all you need is a good idea and the confidence that it will be successful. Love you mom.

Dad, Elder Carver just told me that the Seahawks upset the Saints, what is this madness? what was their record anyways? Continue to work hard with reliantz and hopefully you will have some spectacular job opportunities with Sid.

Thank you to the rest of the family who have sent Christmas Cards, it was wonderful to recieve them and always good to have pictures of the families.

Love you all,
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment