It seems like just yesterday I sat down to write my weekly letter home, but here it is again another week gone. The week really did go by fast with all the appointments we had and the busy schedules we are trying to control. We have some really exciting news, it seems that we will be baptising two people either on feb 6 or feb 13 depending on what the Bishop decides. Actually we as missionaries are only baptising one person and the ward the other because one is a child of record. Its kind of a long story but in short there is a single mother in our ward who is a recent convert, we are baptising both of her children, the one is ten years old and the other is turning eight on feb 5. I'm excited for that and I think it will really make us missionaries work with a lot more confidence and diligence, sometimes you have to accomplish what you are trying to do every once in a while.
Today I want to list out what I will usually eat in a single day starting from Breakfast down to my evening snacks.
Breakfast:
2 eggs (the way mom used to make em for me) R 20 (18 pack)
bowl of strawberry flavoured porrage (just add water and stir) R15 ( 1 packet about 10-12 bowls)
2 or 3 plums R12 (carton of 50)
Lunch:
PB&J ( 2 triple stacker's)
plums optional
Dinner:
for dinner what I will usually do is boil up some pasta noodles, brown some mince and also steam up some veggies put it all together and throw some spaghetti sauce on top to put a finishing touch on the recipe. this is kind of a missionary special nothing a chef would make but its cheap and can fill you up which is all a missionary really cares about anyways.
Something that I have come to learn about South Africa is that food and clothing is dirt cheap here but electronics and other appliances are about the same price as back home. I was really shocked this last week I went out shopping at a grocery store here (pick'NPay) and I came away with all my weekly essentials and it only rang up to $15 (US Dollars) which is about R105 (SA Rands).
I hope every one has a spectacular week!
Chase
No comments:
Post a Comment