Hello Family
I am still in the same area with the same companion, so transfers didn't really affect us, but however Elder Itina left the district and Elder Lewatle replaced him to be companions with Elder Ruzai. We are pretty excited to be together for another transfer, we have a lot of good investigators who will really be progressing well throughout the next couple of weeks. However it is unfortunate that most of our investigators are from the university and soon all of those students will be going home for summer break, which means we have got to focus a lot on finding new ones. That will be fun to put a whole bunch of work into the area, especially finding Father-led families, that would really help out the branch and strengthen it for the years to come.
We watched General Conference this weekend and all I can really say is, WOW, That was awesome! That talk about the Book of Mormon was really helpful for missionaries. We frequently get asked this question when an investigator is a bit unsure about the additional book of Scripture, revealed by God through his prophet Joseph Smith, called The Book Of Mormon, they ask "Why do we need The Book of Mormon if we already have the Bible?". I think it was Elder Tad Callister? who gave the talk with the example of the Bible, posing a question as to how many straight lines we can draw through it, he answered saying that an infinite number of Straight lines could be drawn through it. Each line drawn through it representing all the different interpretations and therefore all the different churches, which however Straight they were there were still many different interpretations. Then he entered into the equation the Book Of Mormon, and asked a similar question," how many Straight lines can you draw through the Book of Mormon and the Bible", and again he answered saying "One", again the line means the interpretation of our Heavenly Fathers word. So basically the answer is that with The Book Of Mormon and the Bible together we have the correct interpretation of God's word. I found that talk very interesting and useful in missionary work.
Hey Ariel, Happy 23rd Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day and have an extra piece of cake for me :)
Momma, thank you so much! I am happy for you and glad that you are able to feel some of that southern heat and humidity! One thing I like about being in Mthatha is that at the end of a hot day we usually get some thunderstorms which remind me of those thunderstorms in Georgia. Love them! As far as me going home, I think it would be best to go home where you two are staying, wherever you are is home. Seattle would be a bit challenging and uncomfortable living out of a suitcase for anytime longer than I have to.
Dad, I knew it wouldn't take you long to get those Golfing memberships ha, that is a pretty sweet deal there and I know it puts a huge smile on your face. One Upside I can see for you in this winter is that you will be a bit used to the more mild temperature of Seattle and will feel totally comfortable with playing a round of Golf in a Georgian winter. Let me know how that goes. Have you thought about getting a golf cart yet?
Good luck to all those who I was not able to give a shout out to, Love you
Elder Chase Nielsen
No comments:
Post a Comment