Monday, October 31, 2011

Week 60: October 31, 2011

Molweni

That means Hello (to more than one person) or something

Well I am doing great, the week was pretty exciting although hectic in some ways. We all received some letters from the mission office informing us that we needed to get another police clearance from our home towns in order to one day serve in Namibia, not a certainty just a possibility. Since Elder Scicluna and I had the same situation being our residence has changed since being on mission we had no Idea how we were going to work it all out. the letter asked us to give ourpower of attorney to someone who could acquire the police clearance. I was under theimpression that it had to be from Issaquah, WA just because that is where I came from. So I put Bishop Tanner down as the one who would be able to do that, I felt kind of bad doing that but It seemed like there wasn't much option otherwise. I hope that is alright, and mom I think you mentioned that in another Email but I think I have forgotten.

One of the pictures is us cooking some food for the week, it works out pretty well. The other is the district going to Queenstown for interviews and training, which is quite a long drive (3 hours). Living with four Elders is never boring, there is always something happening and something to talk about. These two African's are just hilarious together, we have a lot of laughs and really enjoy each others company. Since all of us were born in different countries there are a bit of differences with each of us so it makes for a very interesting time.


We have a baptism coming up on the 12th of November, and she is just a golden investigator. Another cool thing is that we are getting a bunch of new investigators outside of University. We met a couple of them at one house, four actually and we have high hopes for them. They seem really interested and willing to learn. We will see how that goes, so far the transition out of the university is going really well.

Grandma and Grandpa thank you so much for your letter a couple of weeks ago, it put a smile on my face to hear from you two. Thank you for the update on how you are doing, I am glad to hear that you are well. Grandma you are truly amazing for continuing to work, that is a great quality. I pray that you two will continue to do well and have a great week!

Mom & Dad, sounds like you both were kept busy this week, I bet you are happy that you don't have to stress and worry about enrolling children into school mom. I wonder how it went getting the license plate for the new car HA. I know that you love the search for a new home and that will sure keep you busy for the next couple of months, I can't believe tomorrow is November 1st, Far out! (very Australian term now-a-days) Dad I wish I could teach 127 people at one time, what an experience that would be. Most of those golf courses you are talking about don't sound familiar, are they new or the same as before?

Have a great week.


Love,
Elder Nielsen


No comments:

Post a Comment