Monday, April 9, 2012

Week 83: April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Birthday to Aunt Sondra!

It is raining a lot in Port Elizabeth, and apparently it does so throughout winter so It's going to be very wet the next couple of months for me. Today I am thinking of going to the shops and finding a rain jacket. It's pretty crazy that I have made it 19 months without one though, I have been pretty good at dodging the rain but it has finally caught up to me.

The work is going pretty well we are working a lot with our recent converts and some less-active members. The rest of the time we are trying to find new people to teach who will listen to our message, trying to find someone who is humble enough to listen is half the battle and the other half is having them act on our message as well. Most of the investigators that Elder Vernon and I found have sort of fizzled out so we have a lot of revamping to do. Finding is one of the tougher things to do in missionary work but it is really rewarding when you can see the fruits of your efforts. I like the fact that my new companion really wants to work hard which makes things much easier when both of the companions want to get things done.

Mom and Dad the housing situation is very interesting right now, but it seems that you will get into something very soon. I am glad that you have the oppotunity at other homes so you can pick what you like best. I am glad that you both were able to have a good Easter Sunday and enjoyed yourselves.
Recently we had a great lesson with one of our investigators and we taught about the word of wisdom. After teaching the principles and sharing a few scriptures we could tell that the Spirit had made an impact on our investigator. At this time we decided to invite our investigator to live the word of wisdom, and they accepted! There is something powerful in teaching true doctrine and presenting it in a way that the Holy Spirit can testify of it. Certainly obeying the Word of Wisdom has it's challenges, but with faith in God and sincere repentance we can overcome all obstacles and live the kind of life that our Heavenly Father wants us to.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful week and have success in all you do.

Love you,
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment